64th ISI World Statistics Congress 2023 – Ottawa
Contributed Paper/Poster Sessions – Submit your Abstract!
Deadline: 21 November 2022
The ISI invites the statistical community to submit abstracts for presentation at the 64th WSC 2023, to be held 16-20 July in Ottawa, Canada. The WSC will highlight the developments and contributions of statistics, statistical science, and data science in all aspects of life. The WSC 2023 will host talks and presentations on a wide variety of topics, with the overall goal of presenting a balanced programme that provides a sense of the current state and future direction of statistics and their applications. The programme will span the full field of statistics including academia, business, industry, government and official statistics in line with the breadth of ISI and the Associations affiliated with ISI.
Contributed Papers/Posters can be submitted by any individual or organisation. Presentation will be during a session or as a poster presentation (preference can be indicated in the submission system). For presentation in a Contributed Paper Session, the contributed papers will be combined into sessions with as much similarity in topic coverage as possible. The decision regarding the presentation mode for each accepted paper will be taken by the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) considering the author’s request, but also considering demand and capacity constraints.
For the submission to be considered by the SPC, it should include a title and an abstract (maximum of 500 words). In order to be included in the WSC Proceedings, a short paper (maximum 6 pages) will need to be submitted in 2023. The paper must not have been published in any other conference proceedings or publication before the 64th WSC. The copyright for the abstracts and papers in the proceedings resides jointly with the authors and the ISI. Authors are free to publish expanded versions of the material elsewhere.
Once accepted, a contributed paper will be listed in the programme and presented as a:
- Contributed Paper/Oral Presentation, or
- Poster Presentation
Please use the Submission System to submit your contributed paper/poster abstract. You will need to create a new account with e-mail and password for this system. (If you previously submitted an IPS proposal via the Submission System, please note that you can use the same account for submitting a CPS.) The submission should follow the instructions as given in each step of the Submission System.
ISI Platform Instructions:
- Before submitting your abstract, you will need to register on the platform. (If you created an account to submit an IPS proposal, you can skip this step and login with your existing account.)
- If/When you have already registered on the platform, you can login and view your profile and access the CPS submission platform.
- Once you are registered and logged in, you need to go to the CPS proposal submission area.
- Once in the submission area, please follow the guidelines below to submit your abstract. You can save a draft submission and come back to edit at any time. Once you press on submit, you will no longer be able to edit your abstract.
- You can access your profile at any time to see the submissions you have created and to update your profile details.
Guidelines for CPS presenters are available online.
Do you have questions or issues submitting your IPS proposal? Please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
WSC 2023 Team
International Statistical Institute