SAE2021 BIG4Small – September 20-24, 2021
Virtual Meeting – Naples, Italy
The main purpose of the SAE2021 conference is assess the current state of development and usage of small area methodology. The aim is to serve as a bridge among statisticians, computer scientists, engineers, and practitioners working on Small Area Estimation in academia, private and government agencies.
Info and abstract submission
1. SAE in Official Statistics
2. SAE using Big Data Sources
3. Spatial approaches and satellite imagery in SAE
4. Computational Science for SAE
5. Machine Learning for SAE
6. Statistical learning for SAE
7. Social media digital fingerprints and SAE of social indicator
8. Anonymized and aggregated mobile data for SAE
9. SAE of indicators of education and household characteristics
10. SAE and Big Data in poverty mapping
11. SAE methods for time series data
12. Methods for indirect SAE
13. Bayesian statistics for SAE
14. SAE using mixed models/multilevel models
15. Generalized Linear Models for SAE
16. Model-based inference for SAE
17. Nonparametric methods for SAE
18. Developments in design-based sampling variance estimation
19. Composite Estimators for SAE
20. SAE for repeated surveys
21. Robust methods for SAE
22. Selection and checking for SAE models
23. New advancements (developments, challenges) in Sample Surveys
24. Other topics related to SAE
A talk can be presented at SAE2021 Conference upon acceptance of an abstract.
Abstracts with up to 300 words that are related to the theme of the meeting will be accepted on a “first-come, first-served” basis, subject to a favorable review by the scientific committee and space constraints.
Submission of short paper of max 6 pages is optional. A Book of Short Papers (with ISBN) will be published for the Conference.
March 1, 2021: Abstract submission opening
April 16, 2021: Deadline for abstract submission
April 30, 2021: Abstract acceptance notification – Submission of short paper opening
June 11, 2021: Deadline for short paper submission
July 2, 2021: Short paper acceptance notification
July 23, 2021: Deadline for early bird registration
September 20-24, 2021: Conference
Early Registration: €60
Late Registration: €75
Notes: SAE2021 maintains the same invited sessions scheduled for SAE2020, postponed due to Covid-19. Researchers who sent a contributed abstract are invited to re-submit their abstract if they wish to participate in the conference.