Dear TIES friends,
As you may know, 2023 is an election year for TIES Board member positions. The following positions
- Publication officer
- Communications officer
- One regional representative for Europe
- One regional representative for North America
- One regional representative for global
The elected term for the first five positions is 2023-2025, while for the regional representatives it is 2023-2027. The President-elect becomes President in September 2025 without further election.
We (the TIES 2023 Election Committee) are nominating the candidates listed below this message for these positions, and the elections will take place in May/June (via electronic ballot organised by the ISI).
Additionally, there is now an opportunity for any standing TIES member to nominate additional candidates for any of these positions.
If you would like to nominate any additional candidate(s) – or provide a self-nomination – then please send the details of your proposed nomination to the TIES President at email@example.com by 23 April 2023. To nominate a candidate, please provide:
- Name of nominated candidate (with email proof that they have agreed to be nominated);
- Brief biographical sketch of the candidate being nominated;
- Proposed position of nominated candidate (e.g. President-elect, Secretary, etc.);
- Names and affiliations of five Regular TIES Members who support the nomination.
Please note: candidates being nominated should have been TIES members in both 2022 and 2023 (at least), and nominations for Regional Officers must come from members of the Region.
The TIES 2023 Election Committee
President of the TIES
Election committee nominated candidates:
- President Elect: Nathaniel Newlands, AAFC (Canada)
- Secretary: Susan Simmons, North Carolina State University (US)
- Treasurer: Carolina Euan, Lancaster University (UK)
- Pub. Officer: Stephano Castruccio, University of Notre Dame (USA)
- Comm. Officer: Ignacio Segovia-Dominguez, UT Dallas (USA)
- Europe: Rosaria Ignaccolo, University of Turin (Italy)
- North America: Edward Boone, Virginia Commonwealth University, (US)
- North America: Wesley Burr, Trent University (Canada)
- Global: Melanie Meis, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina